Not every woman has a designated area for her makeup. Some women have bins full of different products whereas others have a single small bag. This is what’s called, a minimalists makeup bag; foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara (a must!) and some type of lippie. Did you know, however, that you can create a FULL face of makeup using just those simple items? I’m talking the works-the highlight, contour, brows and even eye liner! Say whaaat??
Here is how you can use these 5 simple items to put on a full face:
• Start with your base. Every artist needs a clean canvas to start with; yours may or may not be with foundation, but for the sake of this blog, we will use foundation. I apply mine with a blending bud but you can use your hands too!
• Contour. Yes, I said it and it can be done using the products in your little bag. Can you guess which one? Right! Eyeshadow, it is the most versatile product out there. Use your finger, a contour brush (if you have one) or a fluffy brush to add some depth to your face just under the cheekbone.
• Add some color to those beautiful cheekbones! Sure there’s the blush you have in your bag, but why not try something a little different? Say you left your blush on the counter at home?? (*gasp* it’s not like you ever forget anything…*insert eyeroll*) It’s ok, don’t panic! Use that beautiful shade of pink from that lippie and just pat a touch of it onto those gorgeous cheekbones. A little too much pink? Use your blending bud or brush to blend it out.
• Your eyes need a little color too right? Right! Thank goodness for that eyeshadow (or the blush you forgot at home…)! Keep it low key, nothing bold, just a pop of color to make them stand out.
• Hmmm what will you do about eye liner? I mean, to put on a WHOLE face you have to do a wing of some sort. That’s ok! No worries, that beautiful lippie triples (yep I am going there!) as an eyeliner. It’s easy peasy and super cute, besides, who said your wing had to be black? To apply, simply put a little of that liquid lipstick on the back of your hand and use a small angled brush to apply just at the lash line and wing it out!
• Highlight girl! You deserve to shine! Again, that eyeshadow palette you have comes in handy when it has a light shimmer shade so, glow baby glow!! Rub your finger over that beautiful shade (Tender, in my case) and dab it along the tops of your cheekbones. Voila! You can now be seen from Heaven! Guaranteed pass through the Golden Gates.
• What about those brows?? Oh heaven knows you can’t do a full face and not do those brows! It’s a good thing you remembered to grab your eyeshadow! Grab that small angle brush again and lightly touch the shadow of your choice. Start outlining your brows first to get the desired shape and then fill them in. Don’t forget to blend so that it looks natural and not all Groucho Marx-y.
• Of course, your lashes have to be in check as well. Every girl has this makeup product in their bag no matter how much “makeup” she wears.
• Last, but certainly not least, your lips need love too. Tired of the same old color? Remember that blush you forgot at home (but conveniently found in your bag to do this look?)? Take your shadow brush (or your finger) and lightly sweep it over your lipstick!
Moral of the story-You don’t need to spend hundreds on makeup to paint your canvas. Improvise using your imagination. After all, that’s what art is, right?